5 BLUE FLAGS TO MITSIS GOLDEN BEACHES
Five Blue Flags are fluttering at the beaches of Mitsis Hotels! Our Group was awarded with 5 Blue Flags, the most recognizable eco-label for beaches and marinas in the past 30 years.
With Greece conquering the 2nd position globally with 519 Greek beaches, 15 marinas and one sustainable tourism boat with Blue flag, the eco-label was awarded to the following 5 beaches managed by 9 Mitsis Hotels:
- “Ammoudes” beach, in Faliraki Rhodes, managed by Alila Resort & Spa.
- Beautiful “Galouni Kokkinogia” beach in Rhodes, for the 2nd consecutive year, managed by MITSIS Rodos Maris Resort & Spa and Rodos Village Beach Hotel & Spa.
- Unique beach “Vouno”, widely known as “Kardamena”, on Kos island (29 km south-west of the town), also for 2nd consecutive year, managed 4 luxury hotels of the Group – Blue Domes Resort & Spa, Summer Palace Beach Hotel, Norida Beach Hotel and Family Village Beach Hotel.
- Great “Kokkini Chani” beach in Heraklion Crete, managed by Rinela Beach Resort & Spa.
- “Anissaras” beach in Heraklion Crete, managed by Laguna Resort & Spa.
As seen in the pictures, all 5 beaches are privileged with crystal blue waters and golden sand, making them an ideal destination for families, small children or the elderly.
The cooperation of Mitsis Hotels with the Hellenic Society for the Protection of Nature forms part of the green growth strategy of the Group, aims to empower the best environmental practices in the Greek tourist market and aims to channel visionary projects to local communities.