7 BLUE FLAGS TO MITSIS GOLDEN BEACHES
Greece is once again second in the world on the Blue Flag quality award list for beaches, marinas and sustainable tourism boats, according to the national operator of the Blue Flag programme Hellenic Society for the Protection of Nature (EEPF). During a special event on Tuesday, May 14, held at Vouliagmeni Coast in Athens and attended by many tourism representatives of the state and private sector, it is announced that 515 beaches and 15 marinas in Greece have been awarded the Blue Flag among 47 countries that participated.
The world-renowned voluntary eco-label was awarded to the following 7 beaches managed by 11 Mitsis Hotels:
- “Ammoudes” beach, in Faliraki Rhodes, managed by Alila Resort & Spa.
- Beautiful “Galouni Kokkinogia” beach in Rhodes, for the 2nd consecutive year, managed by Rodos Maris Resort & Spa and Rodos Village Beach Hotel & Spa.
- “Psaltos” beach, in Lindos Rhodes, with the turquoise crystal-clear beach and the iconic rock as the background, managed by Lindos Memories resort & Spa.
- The deep blue beach “Psalidi Beach” in Kos managed by “Ramira Beach Hotel.
- Unique beach “Vouno”, widely known as “Kardamena”, on Kos island (29km south-west of the town), also for 2nd consecutive year, managed 4 luxury hotels of the Group – Blue Domes Resort & Spa, Summer Palace Beach Hotel, Norida Beach Hotel and Family Village Beach Hotel.
- Great “Kokkini Chani” beach in Heraklion Crete, managed by Rinela Beach Resort & Spa.
- “Anissaras” beach in Heraklion Crete, managed by Laguna Resort & Spa.