BE PART OF OUR GREEN STORY
Responsible and sustainable travel is connected to the respect of the local cultures and traditions.
Please follow these suggestions before and during your stay:
- Learn about your destination’s culture before traveling.
- Don’t take pictures that could be considered offensive.
- When visiting archeological sites, avoid touching the monuments, take pictures only where it is permitted, do not litter and do not take any of the artifacts displayed or fragments of any rocks, metal or clay found on the ground.
- When visiting sites of religious importance, such as churches or monasteries, always respect the dress code, avoid taking pictures, even if they are permitted, turn off your mobile phone, lower your voice, avoid eating and drinking inside the temples and always check the opening times.
- When visiting natural parks, avoid feeding the wildlife, do not litter, support tourism that does not exploit animals and do not buy souvenirs made from animals.
- Give back to the community by supporting local charities, local artists and always prefer buying products from local suppliers.
During your stay
During your stay at Mitsis Hotels & Resorts, we strongly encourage you to adopt the below environmentally friendly routines:
- Eat fresh local products.
- Remove plugs from outlets when not in use.
- Turn off the lights during the day and try to use natural lighting.
- Adjust the thermostat 2 degrees lower in the winter or higher in the summer.
- Hang the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign if you don’t really need the room to be cleaned and help us save energy and water.
- Make wise use of water resources.
- Swap a bath for a shower.
- Use eco-friendly bath cosmetics.
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth.
- Report immediately any leaks to our front desk.
- Use your towels more than once.
- Take a bike tour.
- Recycle! There are designated recycling bins for glass, paper, plastic, batteries and electronic equipment around the hotel. Please keep the following tips in mind:
- To ensure we can actually recycle the items you place in our recycling bins, please place each item in the appropriate bin.
- Any paper or card should be clean and dry.
- Plastic bottles / containers and tins / cans should be empty of all food or drink contents and rinsed out to avoid any contamination.
Remember, today’s seeds are tomorrow’s future!