DIY CHRISTMAS CHARMS
Giving charms as a gift for the New Year is very common to Greece. For the Greeks, a charm implies good luck and fortune. Good luck symbols are considered the pomegranate, the horse petal, the four leaf clover, the blue eye and the boat. Let’s not waste time and get started!
What you will need:
- Ribbons (preferably red, green, gold or silver)
- Thick and thin threads
- Precious or semi-precious stones
- Colorful beads
- Glitter (optional)
Steps to create:
- Measure with a ruler your thick thread and cut around 25 centimeters
- Make a loop and knot it up
- Add some of your favorite stones in each side of the loop and secure them
- In one of the sides, tie your lucky charm with a thin thread and secure it as well
- In the middle of the thread, tie your colorful ribbon
- Last but not least, you can glitter up some parts of your craft if you are feeling extra sparkly and festive
Now you only have to place the charms into cute Christmassy boxes and write the best wishes for your beloved ones!