FESTIVE DRINKS TO KEEP YOU WARM THIS WINTER
This non-alcoholic punch is a great party option for nominated drivers capturing the festive season in a glass without the alcoholic kick.
6 cups apple punch
6 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 red apple, thinly sliced
1 orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker and cook on high for about 2 hours.
- Remove apples, oranges, cinnamon stick, and cloves before serving.
This German Gluhwein Recipe-Warms Your Toes and Your Tummy. Serve this at a holiday gathering or make some up for yourself and maybe even a special someone. It’s perfect for those nights by the fire, wrapping presents and enjoying the Spirit of the Holidays.
2 bottles of good-quality red wine
570 ml water
Juice of 2 lemons
5 oz (140 g) sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
2 oranges – cut into bite-size pieces
Oranges for decoration
- Put all ingredients in a pot and bring it close to boil.
- For additional taste, cut 2 oranges into bite-size pieces and add to the wine. Let simmer but not boil.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks before serving it into lightly pre-warmed glasses.
- Decorate glasses with an orange slice.
3. The Christmas coffee cocktail
This coffee cocktail is a serious business! Feeling a bit sleepy after all that food? This drink will wake you right up!
4 oz strong coffee
1 1/2 oz amaretto liqueur
1 1/2 oz coffee liqueur
1 oz butterscotch schnapps
1 oz crème de cocoa
Fresh whipped cream
Grated chocolate, for garnish
- Pour all of them into a glass after heated up
- Stir all together and top with fresh whipped cream.
- Garnish with grated chocolate.
- Serve warm
4. Mexican hot chocolate
Hints of cinnamon and nutmeg make Mexican hot chocolate the perfect warm beverage for chocoholics.
2 oz Partida Añejo
6 oz hot chocolate
5 bar spoon ancho chili powder
Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Add ancho chili and a pinch of ground cinnamon and stir until they are mixed in.
- Pre-heat a hot toddy glass or mug with hot water.
- Pour out the hot water.
- Add spiced hot chocolate to heated glass, add the 2 oz of Partida Añejo and stir.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick.
5. Vanilla cranberry mimosa
Get into the holiday spirit with these sparkling mimosas made with vanilla vodka, cranberry juice, and sparkling wine. It’s the perfect winter cocktail.
1 1/2 ounces of vanilla flavored vodka
1 1/2 ounces of cranberry juice
Sparkling wine (champagne, prosecco, cava)
Whole vanilla beans
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vanilla vodka, cranberry juice and ice.
- Shake vigorously, and then strain into a champagne flute.
- Fill the glass to the top with sparkling wine. Garnish if desired.