Servings: 15-20 macarons
250g almond powder
300g powdered sugar
110g egg white
300g sugar (for the caramel)
40g sugar (for the meringue)
- In a large bowl, beat the egg white with sugar on medium speed with an electric hand whisk until the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud (meringue).
- Pour gradually the caramel and let it stay until it’s even.
- Add now the almond powder, cocoa, powdered sugar, water and mix gently with the meringue.
- Form into the desired shape and bake to 170°C degrees for about 15 minutes.
For the cremeux
500g heavy “whipping” cream
400 egg yolks
3 gelatin sheets
1,000g white chocolate
50g bueno chocolate
- In a pot, boil the milk, heavy cream and sugar.
- Add the egg yolks, gelatin sheets, white chocolate and Bueno and mix quickly.