MITSIS HOTELS AMONG THE MOST SUSTAINABLE COMPANIES IN GREECE FOR 2020
Sustainable Greece 2020 Initiative is organized by the Quality Net Foundation, under the auspices of the Ministry Development & Competitiveness and aims to create a development model that ensures a Sustainable Economy and Society. Its strategic goal is to forge a systematic dialogue at the national level and to create methodologies and tools that would support organizations towards achieving sustainable development.
Our goal is to create added value from all business, commercial and social activities and for all stakeholders. This added value – the social product – is addressed to all social partners and contributes to the wider economic development of the country.
• Total participation in GDP: 0.10%
• Total participation in employment: 0.60%
• Revenue from inbound tourism: 0.89%
• Hotel Infrastructure: 17 Hotels 5 * (2.79% of the total Industry) / 5,440 Rooms (6.05% of the total Industry)
• Gross added value: 0.59%
• Value of fixed assets (National): 451,63m
• Annual tax contribution: 0.07%
• 9.68% increase in annual turnover (2018 vs 2019)
• Improving Greece’s balance of trade as 99% of the customer base comes from abroad.
• Production of drinking water by the method of reverse osmosis and recycling of the produced water by 100%.
• Replacement of all electrical lighting equipment with 25,000 LED lamps.
• Recycling program and results:
106,798 kg of cardboard – paper
33,083 kg of plastic
201,227 kilos of glass
16,558 kg of metal and aluminum
540 kg light bulbs – electrical equipment
334 kg batteries
6,545 kg of oils – fats
• Gradual replacement of mechanical refrigeration and air conditioning equipment with environmental criteria and ecological coolants.
• We support about 4,000 jobs that correspond to 0.09% of the country’s employment and support the income of over 8,500 people (1,700 jobs in Rhodes, 1,300 jobs in Kos, 520 jobs in Crete, 430 jobs in Central Greece)
• For every 1 job of the Mitsis Group, an additional 7 jobs are supported in the wider economy, as we work with over 2800 companies in Greece, supporting local economies (200 in Crete, 300 in Rhodes, 60 in Kamena Vourla, 180 in Kos, <2000 in the rest of Greece)
• Charities, sponsorships and funding of social, cultural, sport and educational events, amounting to 290,000 euros.
• 23.5 million euros in facilities and equipment modernization focusing on sustainable development.
• Three-year plan of 100 million euros for the complete upgrade of our 17 complexes and services.