By: Lindos Memories Resort & Spa chef
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 2 hours
For the monkfish
500g monkfish fillet
1. Rub the fillet with salt and let it sit there for at least 1 hour.
2. After, cook it in the cold smoke generator with chicory shavings for 2 hours.
3. Rub the fish fillet with salt and pepper.
4. To roast it, heat an ovenproof frying pan, add the monkfish and fry it on butter for a couple of minutes.
For the quince
1. Let the quinces sit on water overnight and change the water frequently.
2. In an ovenproof pan, add all together the garlic, the onion, the laurel, the salt, the pepper and sauté them with butter.
3. Now place the quinces in the pan, splash white wine and cover them.
4. Continue boiling them over low heat until they are cooked through.
For the carrot quenelle
2 garlic cloves
500ml vegetable broth
1. Place all the ingredients in a pan and cover with a silver foil sheet.
2. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 150°C.
3. Let them cool, covered for half an hour.
4. Now it’s time to mash the ingredients.
For the white bean sauce with cuttlefish ink
100g white beans (soaked up on water the night before)
½ kg Cuttlefish ink
200ml White wine
200g smoked pancetta (dice cut)
200ml fish broth
50ml sour crème
1. Put 25ml butter on a pot and sauté the onion and the garlic with the smoked pancetta.
2. Then, splash white wine and add the spices.
3. Fill in with more wine while adding the white beans.
4. Strain the mixture of cheesecloth.
5. Last but not least, add to the mixture, the remaining 25ml butter, the sour crème and the cuttlefish ink.
6. Mix to incorporate.
Ready to serve,