NATURAL COSMETICS OF GREECE
½ cup castor oil
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Clean wash cloth
- Mix oils together and store in a glass jar with a lid.
- Rub a small amount of oil onto dry skin, adding more as needed, and massage onto skin for about a minute.
- If you wear mascara and eye makeup, rub a small amount onto your lids gently to remove any makeup, just as you would use a makeup remover.
- Run wash cloth under warm water. Wring out and place it over face for about a minute. (This step helps to clear pores and remove impurities.) Then use the washcloth to wipe away any oil that’s left.
Homemade honey and lemon face mask
½ organic lemon
1 tbsp. organic raw honey
- To prepare your skin before any face mask, pour boiling hot water in a bowl and stand above it letting the steam open your pores.
- Mix one tablespoon of organic raw honey and half a squeezed lemon into a bowl and apply all over your face, avoiding the eye area. Now, let your skin soak up all this goodness for 15-30 minutes (depending on how sensitive your skin is).
- Wash away with warm water, finishing with one splash of cold water to close your pores. Pat gently with a towel to dry. Let your skin breathe for the rest of the day, or follow up with your favorite moisturizer/serum.
Shea butter deodorant
3 tbsp. coconut oil
3 tbsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. shea butter
2 tbsp. arrowroot (optional)
Essential oils (optional)
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium heat until barely melted. UPDATE: Combine in a quart size glass mason jar with a lid instead and place this in a small saucepan of water until melted. This will save your bowl and you can just designate this jar for these type of projects and not even need to wash it out. This can also be done in the microwave.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and arrowroot. Mix well. Add essential oils and pour into a glass container for storage. It does not need to be stored in the fridge.
- If you prefer, you can let it cool completely and put into an old deodorant stick for easier use, though it may melt in the summer! It may take several hours to completely harden and this process can be sped up by putting in the fridge for a few minutes.