TRAVEL INFORMATION: COVID-19 UPDATE
Following the declaration of the coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic on March 12, we would like to extend our warmest thoughts to the people who have been affected by this unfortunate event and our deepest appreciation to the healthcare workers and local communities who are fighting against the virus.
Given the unprecedented disruption to the travel and hospitality industry, our hotels & resorts all over Greece are postponing their opening, with a view to ensuring the health and safety of our guests and staff. Please read below how you can adapt your travel plans with us:
- On April 13th 2020, the Greek Government intervened in the tourism sector in order to alleviate the negative effects of COVID-19. The new law provides that all advanced payment of bookings cancelled from 25.02.2020 until 30.09.2020 due to COVID-19, shall not be returned but a voucher with value for 18 months will be issued instead.
- Within this period of 18 months, you may use this voucher by making a booking for accommodation services in any of our hotels.
- All direct refundable or non-refundable bookings for the season 2020 can be modified without penalty for future travel through season 2020 or 2021.
- All refundable or non-refundable bookings for the season 2020 made through other platforms/travel agencies should get in touch with the respective platform in order to modify their reservation or get the voucher.
With the hope that you will plan your holidays a little later this spring and travel to any of our hotels, you should have confidence that we are doing everything we can to provide the safest accommodation to you, as we are closely monitoring the latest developments, standards and protocols related to COVID-19 issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Greek government, the Ministry of Health, local health agencies and public health officials. All is in place to keep your health and safety top of mind.
Please visit our website https://www.mitsishotels.com/covid19-update/ for the most up-to-date information and additional details about availability and exclusions.
During Your Stay
Considering the health and safety of our guests and staff as our top priority, we assure you that our integrated Health and Safety plan foresees all measures, specifications and procedures across all hotel departments to address the new COVID-19 and any disease that can transmitted in the community, in accordance to the World Health Organisation, the Greek Ministry of Health and local authorities:
- Operation at low occupancy to ensure proper distancing
- Intensified cleaning & disinfection across all high-volume touchpoints & guestrooms
- Disinfectant dispensers for guests in public areas
- High standards of food safety – HACCP procedures
- 24h operation of F&B outlets to allow ample time & space for lunch & dinner
- Social distancing specifications in recreational areas, pools & beach
- Simple & fast check-in / check-out procedures
- Doctors on call 24/7 to provide special care to our guests
- Ongoing training for our compliant staff
- Awareness campaign at all hotels