TRAVELIFE GOLD TO MITSIS BLUE DOMES
More specifically, the hotel achieved the following milestones:
1. Replacing more than 90% of the lights with energy efficient led bulbs.
2. Protection of water resources by producing water through the Reverse Osmosis process.
3. Eliminating the use of single-use plastic cups and replacing plastic straws with biodegradable ones.
4. Diligent recycling process of all waste produced such as plastic, glass, aluminum, cardboard, soap and cooked oils, light bulbs, batteries and electric equipment. Minimizing organic kitchen waste by composting.
5. Environmental protection by organizing tree planting and beach clean-ups with the participation of hotel guests.
6. Support of the local community, the children and youth, with activities such as:
– a generous donation of a playground in Kardamena
– financial aid to the local football team
– participating in local events and festivals
– supporting and promoting local products and producers
Travelife is an initiative dedicated to promoting sustainable practices in the travel and tourism industry, created in 2007 by ABTA, the UK trade associations.
Our group aspires to achieve more distinctions in the fields of environmental protection and sustainable tourism in the future for its hotels, which have already been awarded with the eco-labels Green Key and Blue Flag.