TRIPADVISOR: TWO BEACHES ON CRETE AMONG 25 BEST IN THE WORLD FOR 2023
Every year, Tripadvisor awards travelers’ favorite destinations, beaches, hotels, restaurants, and things to do around the world, based on the quality and quantity of ratings and reviews on the platform.
For 2023, according to Tripadvisor, the Falassarna beach, located on the eastern side of Crete, is the World’s 21st Best Beach and Europe’s 6th best with reviewers hailing its crystal clear waters and pink sand.
Furthermore, Kaanapali beach on Hawaii, Cable Beach on Australia and Nungwi Beach in Tanzania got best of the best regional mentions among other locations characterized as ideal for lazy beach days or underwater adventures.
“As a huge beach fan myself, I know the impossible-to-resist allure of sunshine and turquoise water—and certainly, there’s plenty of that on this year’s list,” said Sarah Firshein, the Head of Editorial at Tripadvisor.
- Reynisfjara Beach – Vik, Iceland
- Praia da Falesia – Olhos de Agua, Portugal
- Spiaggia dei Conigli – Lampedusa, Islands of Sicily
- La Concha Beach – San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
- Playa de Muro Beach – Playa de Muro, Spain
- Falassarna Beach – Falassarna, Greece
- Nissi Beach – Ayia Napa, Cyprus
- Balos Lagoon – Kissamos, Greece
- Sotavento Beach – Costa Calma, Spain
- Plage du Sillon – Saint-Malo, France
“Whether you’re looking to pack a windbreaker or a swimsuit, our list has something for a wide range of travelers—and it might even convince the most ardent beach skeptics to embrace some time on the sand,” Tripadvisor’s Sarah Firshein added.