KONSTANTINOS MITSIS FOUNDATION
A NON PROFIT ORGANISATION
As stated by the President of the Foundation, Christina Mitsis, “Our development should strengthen and support the development of our destinations. We go hand in hand with the local communities in which we operate. Our father loved the destinations he chose to build the hotels at, as well as the people living there. He was particularly sensitive to the issue of education, which is one of the main objectives of our Foundation, because he himself did not have the opportunity to study like other children of his age. He attended night school while working at the same time to make ends meet. He read books in his limited spare time and absorbed knowledge like a sponge “.
K.MITSIS foundation’s main objective is the continuous development and modernization of the tourism industry as a strong driving force for the economic development of Greece with emphasis placed in the education of highly qualified professionals.
- We are active citizens in the local communities where the companies of Mitsis Hotels Group operate, promoting their history and culture and supporting institutions – public and private – involved in education, health, security, sports and other activities, thus empowering regional economies and improving local living conditions.
- We support the arts and sciences in general.
- We foster sustainable development and the strengthening of actions aimed at protecting the environment, saving energy, developing alternative forms of energy and the rational use of nutritional resources.
- Cooperation with foundations, academic institutions, institutes, organizations, associations, civil companies and in general any legal entities in Greece or abroad, which support similar activities and are in accordance with the aims of our foundation.
- Provision of grants, scholarships, awards, sponsorships, donations and contributions or any other kind of actions to strengthen and support local communities.
- Organization of seminars, conferences and events to promote the foundations objectives.
Contact us at: [email protected]